The constitution and by-laws have undergone a review process and were approved unanimously at the November 9th mini-conference by full members of SCCAO.
A vote on the proposed changes to the SCCAO constitution and by-laws will take place on November 9th at the SCCAO mini-conference.
SCCAO members who are eligible to vote should receive a link to the revised constitution and by-laws by email and are encouraged to comment on the document in advance of the November mini-conference.
If you do not receive a link to the draft document please contact Cindy Cosentino at email@example.com.
November 9, 2016
Save the Date!
Plans are underway for the 2016 SCCAO Mini Conference to be held at the International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport. These meetings are extremely valuable for connecting and networking with other SCCAO members from across the province, particularly for those who are new to a leadership role in their school boards.
Morning session (Full members only)
- discussion and voting on the revised SCCAO constitution and by-laws
- reviewing the new mission, vision and collective commitments of SCCAO
- providing input on the SCCAO Science Leadership Guide
- Leadership Project updates and information
Networking Lunch (Full and Associate members)
Afternoon session (Full and Associate members)
- preview resources that support inquiry-based learning
- learning about assessment and evaluation in science (and technology) with Damian Cooper
- Ministry of Education updates
- network with our associate members to learn about how they are working to support science education in Ontario
- hear about new safety resources from STAO
Please complete your membership application and let us know if you are planning on attending.
A more detailed agenda will be sent to registrants once it is finalized.
SCCAO Retreat 2016
Please find below links to details for the SCCAO Retreat in Ottawa, June 3rd 2016.
SCCAO is pleased to announce the launch of the SCCAO e-Community for our members….a place where instructional leaders across Ontario can connect.
Join the Conversation in the new
Happy Sunday everyone! Here is the agenda for Wednesday, November 11th, 2015:
It’s not too late to register! Please complete the membership application form to let us know you are coming!
Please bring a computer/ device that connect to the internet to be able to participate in the NEW SCCAO Community!
AGENDA, NOVEMBER 11th, 2015
- 8:30-9:00: Breakfast and introductions
- 9:00 – 12:00:
- Cary Supalo, vision impairment and science education
- Andy Forrest, Makerspace
- Associate Updates
- 12:00 -1:00pm LUNCH/ Time to visit with Associates
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Launch of the new SCCAO E-Community: Nathalie Rudner and Writing Team
- Exploration of SCCAO STEM Resources
- Next Steps
- Around the Province – Board Sharing
- Ministry of Education Science and Innovation Projects Updates: Brandon Zoras & Francis Cronier-Theriault
The SCCAO miniconference is just around the corner….we hope that you can join us.
This year’s miniconference will be the launch for some exciting new SCCAO resources supporting instructional leaders across Ontario in implementing the Science and Technology programming from K-12! We are also planning on hosting some networking sessions through the STAO conference for SCCAO members to network and share ideas….
If you are coming to STAO, come to SCCAO…if you are coming to SCCAO, stay for STAO!
In order to facilitate your participation, we are pleased to offer a conference subsidy to our school district members to defray some of the costs of travel, accommodation, and registration so that you can participate in SCCAO and STAO. To receive further information about the subsidy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are also offering FREE SCCAO membership to each school district. If you are interested in becoming a member, please REGISTER HERE
Welcome to SCCAO 2015-2016! We hope that this year is off to a great start! Please see below a message from this year’s chair, Anthony Persaud of the Peel District School Board:
Our SCCAO Annual General Meeting will be November 11th, right before the STAO conference and in the same location for your travel convenience. Our AGM will be focused on STEM and the release of our new SCCAO website, with lots of hands on activities, guest speakers and opportunities to network.
If you plan to stay for the whole STAO conference, we will have continued opportunities for SCCAO members to connect on the 12th, 13th and 14th.
We hope that you will join us!
More details will be coming soon to a mailbox near you!